Premier Employment Agency
Domestic Helper/Housekeeping Jobs Singapore. Singapore, a gleaming city-state known for its modernity and cleanliness, is a hub of opportunities. Among the myriad career paths available, domestic helpers and housekeepers play a pivotal role in maintaining the high standards of living that Singaporeans are accustomed to. In this article, we explore what it takes to excel in Domestic Helper/Housekeeping jobs in Singapore, including qualifications, job responsibilities, and the attractive perks and privileges that come with the role.
Company Name: Premier Employment Agency
Place of Job: Singapore
Salary: SGD 400.00 per month.
Last Date to apply: 27.09.2023
Job Qualifications and Experience:
To embark on a career as a Domestic Helper/Housekeeper in Singapore, candidates typically need:
- Educational Qualifications: While not always mandatory, a high school diploma or equivalent can be advantageous.
- Work Experience: Employers often prefer candidates with previous experience in housekeeping or domestic work. However, entry-level positions are also available.
- Language Skills: Proficiency in English is highly valuable, as clear communication is essential in understanding and fulfilling the employer’s requirements.
- Legal Requirements: Domestic helpers in Singapore are typically foreign workers, so they must meet the country’s immigration and work permit regulations.
Domestic Helper/housekeeping Job Responsibilities:
Domestic Helpers/Housekeepers in Singapore have a range of responsibilities that include:
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Ensuring that the employer’s home is clean, tidy, and well-maintained. This includes vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and more.
- Cooking and Meal Preparation: Preparing meals in accordance with the employer’s preferences and dietary requirements.
- Childcare: If the employer has children, caregivers may be responsible for childcare, including supervision, feeding, and educational activities.
- Elderly Care: In some cases, caregivers may provide care for elderly family members, including assistance with daily activities and medication management.
- Grocery Shopping: Purchasing groceries and household supplies as needed.
- Pet Care: If the household has pets, caregivers may be responsible for feeding, walking, and cleaning up after them.
- Administrative Tasks: Some employers may require assistance with administrative tasks, such as organizing appointments and managing household budgets.
Perks and Privileges:
Working as a Domestic Helper/Housekeeper in Singapore offers a host of attractive perks and privileges:
- Competitive Salaries: Salaries for domestic helpers in Singapore are competitive and often include additional benefits like overtime pay.
- Accommodation: Employers typically provide accommodation within the household, ensuring a safe and comfortable living environment.
- Healthcare: Many employers offer healthcare coverage, ensuring that domestic helpers have access to medical services when needed.
- Day Off: Domestic helpers in Singapore are entitled to a weekly day off, allowing time for rest and relaxation.
- Cultural Exposure: Working in Singapore provides a unique opportunity to experience a rich blend of cultures and traditions.
- Skill Development: The skills acquired as a domestic helper can be valuable for personal and professional growth.
- Legal Protections: Singapore has laws in place to protect the rights and well-being of domestic helpers, including regulations on working hours and days off.
How to apply
Send your documents to the following address.
Unit A-41B, Zeta II Building 191 Salcedo St. Legaspi Village, Makati City-1229, Metro Manila, Philippines
Also, check the Dairy Farm workers required in New Zealand